Tuesday, November 11, 2008

 

Linux Accounting Software

If you have your own small business you probably need some sort of accounting software. It would be nice to be able to download a basic account package at no cost and run it on your Linux box wouldn't it? Fortunately such a package exists called Quasar.

I should mention that I have used this program to issue invoices and quotations to customers. As I am in Ontario it was setup to charge GST and PST where appropriate. It's easy to use.

Here is an example of an invoice.

The program can print to a ps file. In the example above I used the utility ps2pdf to convert from ps to pdf. Usually I email my customers the pdf file as everyone has software that understands pdf.

The source code is available and can be modified and licensed if one wishes to use it for their geographical area.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]